White-knuckling or Dancing?


Do you like roller-coasters? I've always been a screamer. From the bullet-like launch to the sudden end, I'd wonder why I endure such terror and torture. Sometimes, I think life is like a roller coaster. High up, straight down, crazy loops, sharp turns and at times, total darkness. Completely out of control. Don’t get me wrong, a flat, steady pace might become a little boring. Nevertheless, a break from the loops might be nice.  

The hardest part of the life-coaster is having no control. I want to go right—but wham--the bottom drops out. I want to travel high—instead, a  long, dark tunnel. All of us have felt betrayed, defeated, tormented, afflicted, oppressed, deceived, abused, in bondage, attached, assaulted, or cursed. None of that is pleasant.

About a month ago, I learned something new.

It really doesn’t matter where life takes me or the reason. Why? I can find peace in the fact that before hardship emerged on the tracks of my life, it came before God. So if He allowed it to come my way, then there is a valuable lesson He wants me to learn. And since I trust Him completely and know His will is perfect, then I need to be quiet, listen and open my spiritual eyes.

I have a choice.

Be a victim of the life-coaster. White-knuckle the ride and rage about the lack of control.

Or trust Him, submit and learn the lesson. The tracks mellow. The blessings come. I'm changed for the better.    

A favorite saying reminds me. "Life is a journey with an end, but what matters in the end is the journey." How we live is as important as why we live.


Vivian Greene writes, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."                  

White-knuckling or dancing?


I choose dancing. Choose wisely. 


Tammy Van Gils is a writer, blogger, and small business owner. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Word Weavers International. In the Richmond area, she is a member of The Christian Writers Hub and Word Weavers Richmond. Visit her Facebook Page, Pinterest and Twitter @Tammyvangils

Comments

  1. Great post I choose dancing also. What fun it would be if we all danced in the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Sometimes it's hard to dance but oh, so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments! I value your time & thoughts greatly.