A Time Snap for 2016

SNAP!

Reading that word took about a second.

Have you ever thought about how seconds accumulate into minutes which gather together and create hours? And then how hours amass into days which mount up into weeks, months and years? And it all begins with those teeny seconds.

With the New Year here, time is on my mind.

  • ·    Like how we can't go back and recapture and redo our past seconds, minutes, or days. Those particular elements of time are spent. We can remember them fondly or sometimes, with regret.
  • ·   Or how we're allotted the same number of seconds in a minute, minutes in an hour, and hours in a day. No one has yet invented the time stretcher to increase our day to thirty hours.
  • ·   Like how time affects nature and gifts us with seasons. Every year, nature blooms, produces, sheds, and goes dormant with the passing of time.
  • ·   How time has affected our wardrobe, language, modes of transportation, and means of communication. There are probably very few areas of life that it hasn't influenced.
  • ·   And that time is universal and yet, individual. We all have it and yet, spend it different.
  • ·   Time is a gift. 
  •    And last, how time is about change. Every second brings a new opportunity to make a choice. How will I utilize my time? The opportunities are endless.




    But the one consuming thought I have is—

    Since time is about change, will I improve in 2016 or stay the same?

    I'm sure you've heard of folks who choose a word to inspire or influence the upcoming New Year.

    So here's my 2016 word.


    R E V I T A L I Z E


    The reason I chose that word is because at the end of 2016, I want to be better. My health. My attitude. My relationships. My walk with Christ. My past wounds. My stinking thinking. You get the picture.

    So here's the plan.
    • ·Set small, achievable goals which will have the purpose of revitalizing some aspect of my life for the better.
    • ·Pray for God's guidance, direction, and power to be victorious.
    • ·Review my progress often and start the next aspect. Each focusing on revitalizing my soul.


    Short and sweet. You see, I don't want to end 2016 in the exact same condition as 2015. And since time marches on, I might as well choose wisely and revitalize my life.

    Because in the end, both are a gift. Life and time.

    Thanks for sharing a few teeny seconds with me. SNAP!


    Have you chosen a word for 2016? What are your goals? Please share. This journey called life is a blessing to be shared.

    I wish you a blessed and healthy 2016!


    Tammy Van Gils is a writer, blogger, and co-owner of S & N Paint Contractors, Inc. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Word Weavers International. In the Richmond area, she is a member of The Christian Writers Hub and Word Weavers Richmond. Visit her Facebook Page, Pinterest and Twitter @Tammyvangils


      

    Comments