Our HOPE Rock

I have a friend who is a talented artist. She's super creative with everything—like paints, sea shells, jewelry and even fabrics. She can take a paint brush, or pliers, or a sewing machine and craft unique items from a painting to a quilt. I love her handiwork like this painted "HOPE" rock.

With only a quick glance, you'd never believe this is just an average rock. But after she finished blessing it with her crafting ability, it contains beauty and a message.  HOPE!

From ordinary to enchanting.

Kind of like what God does for His followers who believe in His Son. He takes us exactly as we are and blesses us with the Holy Spirit to create beauty in us by sanctifying us to be more like His Son. How does He do this? Over time the Holy Spirit renovates our hearts, minds and souls by convicting and counseling us. 

We are being crafted into a new creation, one deeply loved by our Maker.

And that gives me tremendous HOPE! 

I'm not stuck being the same old broken, shallow, rigid person I use to be. He's mending, improving, and transforming me into His new handiwork. And then He blesses me with a message of HOPE.

Because if He can refurbish and beautify me, then He certainly can for you too. 

So friend, have HOPE and believe He can do a new thing in you too.

What gives you HOPE today? Do you share your creative abilities with the world? Is the Spirit transforming you?

Tweetable-From a mere rock to a message of HOPE, #God's in the business of soul renovation.


 

Comments