My Love Hero

Have you noticed how much our pets love us? And exactly how easily they express love?

My nine year old Yorki Poo, Moose, is the most devoted and eager to please puppy in the world. 

There are so many things about him I admire. He can always teach me a lesson or two…or twenty.

So I've concluded Moose is my love hero. And he doesn't even have to work at it. He's just eleven pounds of love wrapped up in chocolate-brown fur.  

Then a thought flashed through my mind—

Why don't humans emulate our pet's sincere willingness and unconditionally love each other?

For most of us, that'd be like teaching an old dog a new trick. So maybe the best place to begin is towards God.

Let me share a few examples I gleaned from my puppy.  

  • I want to feel and express my love and devotion to God just like Moose does to me.
  • What if I could hang on every Word out of God's mouth like Moose does mine and wag with excitement every time He speaks to me?
  • If only I could curl up next to Him when I'm scared, or tired, or just because I want to be close to Him?
  • I want to be an alarm system when I perceive danger or evil and run straight to Him announcing my need for His help.
  • I want to live life and serve Him with all my gusto just like Moose does playing ball.
  • What if I could drop my ego at His feet and move forward humbly like Moose drops the ball at mine?
  • If only I could run crazy-fast like Moose chasing a squirrel and enjoy every second. After all, every moment is a gift.
  • I want to enjoy the special blessings God gives to me like Moose does when receiving a treat.
  • What if I could sit and wait on God like Moose does when I ask him to sit and stay? Then burst forward with gusto when God gives me the green light.
The bottom line is that Moose believes he exists completely to love Hubby and me (and maybe to chase every loose ball in the world).




Wait a minute! 

Don't we have the same calling towards God? To love, honor, revere, and worship Him?



I believe the routine and craziness of life could be simpler if I followed my sweet pet example. Sure is a good thing I have Moose around to be my love hero. 


What about you? What helps you remember to express love on this journey called Life? Who is your love hero? Please share a comment.


Comments