The Innocence of a Child

A few years ago, we ventured to Disney with the grandkids. With great expectation, we waited for the parade on Main Street. The boys delighted as float after float cruised in front of us. 

Finally, Mickey arrived. 

My younger grandson froze, clasped his two small hands together in front of his chest, and opened his eyes wide. "Aaahhh, Mickey." Spellbound. He softly spoke with such reverence and love.

Later in the week, we stood in line to have our pictures taken with Mickey and Minnie. I assumed his reverence had lessened as the week progressed. Wrong. When we approached the mouse couple, he again froze, clasped his small hands to his chest and shyly walked up to Mickey. Mesmerized.



The innocence of a child—a sweet event to behold. I love envisioning the world through their simple eyes. Fresh, genuine and unblemished.

What about you?  

When was the last time you were spellbound? What events provoked such a profound response from you as an adult?

A few of my answers. 


  • The first time I held each of my sons and grandsons, I felt captivated by boundless love. 
  • The moment my feet hit the beach, I'm fascinated by its vastness. 
  • When I've experienced the hand of God in my life--humility, and gratitude flood my soul.
But I'm curious. 

I wonder if our Heavenly Father grins as adults have those tender moments of amazement like I do with my grandsons. After all, adults are so tarnished by life experiences. 

Does He slap His knee, shake His head, and laugh? "Oh, sweet child!"

I believe He does, after all we're made in His image.   

Have you glimpsed through the innocent eyes of a child lately? When was the last time you were spellbound? What has mesmerized you?

We all share this journey called life. The journey can be sweeter as we celebrate the precious moments together. Please share.



Comments