Why Writers Blog?

Have you noticed how many blogs there are? 

Our Facebook and Twitter feeds are overrun with them. And every day, there are more. 

Cooking, crafting, health, gardening, political—tons of blogs. It seems the best way to teach, sell, or promote anything is by blogging about it. Like special delivery to the masses via the internet. 


Did you know writers are encouraged to blog. Why?
  • Our writing quality improves with consistency
  • Teaches us how to meet deadlines
  • Helps us develop our writing voice and message
  • Increases opportunities to develop relationships with our readers.

The general recommendation is to blog at least twice a week. Some folks write long blogs (1500 or more words) and some shorter. Of course, some topics require more words than others.

I value your time and have committed to blog once a week and to write concisely. After all, few of us have time to sit and read all the interesting posts out there.

I've decided to share the goals of my blog with you again. 

  • To give us a chance to know each other better. We can learn and grow when we share our joys and struggles
  • To share epiphanies. I love these insightful bombshells of awareness and growth. Maybe they can make you smile on a tough day or spark wonder in your life.
  • To keep you informed on the progress of my first book and the others that are begging to be put to keyboard
  • To be authentic in the revealing of my voyage as a thriving survivor of abuse (see the About Me tab above) and the ever-blooming, redemptive healing as one embraced by Christ.   

But here's my fear.


No one reads these posts because my message doesn't resonate and since I receive few comments, I'm not sure if my posts are floating in cyberspace- like pollen in the wind. 


So may I ask a favor?
  • Please give me feedback. Good or bad. How can we enlighten our paths together? I want to improve my blog so your input is critically important. If you don't want to post a comment here, then connect with me privately on by using the social media icons on the right sidebar or drop me an email.
  • Please sign up to receive my post by email. (On the right sidebar below my pic, in the "Please subscribe here box".) No spam. No sharing of your email address. Just my post once a week
  • Tell me about your life journey, your insightful bombshells and struggles by commenting on post. Let's be triumphant overcomers together
  • Let me know how I can pray for you in a comment or message. And pray for me. Who better to share our passionate pleas with than our Creator?



Thank you for sharing your valuable time with me. I pray my blog posts will be uplifting and encouraging to you and bring glory to the Word of Life.

Living the Garden Life, Tammy Van Gils plants words and sprouts insightful stories blooming with hope. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She's honored to be a guest blogger and a contributor to The Wonders of Nature Devotion Book, Worthy Inspired, Dec 2016.


Comments