Gratitude & Hope


Yesterday I restocked the wood stove and gratitude warmed me more than the heat coming out of the blower.

You see, I'm not a fan of bugs, especially spiders. And God had the foresight to allow the cold weather to kill the bugs so when my hubby brings the wood inside and stores it near the stove, no creepy crawlers are escaping into my family room, hence gratitude.

And then I thought of you, my dear blog reader.

Hold on, not the bug part but the gratitude part.  

I'm grateful you take the time every week to read my words, to comment, or share my post with friends and family. My goal is to value your time by offering a meaningful message of hope, humor, or a fresh epiphany. My prayer is that you feel blessed after reading my succinct messages, riddles, or flash fiction.

In September 2016, I posted a blog titled Ten Thousand Views and expressed my appreciation for helping me to reach a milestone.

Recently, this blog surpassed 20,000. The number is important for various reasons.  More page views help in Google searches. It shows potential publishers of my connection with the world. It helps to demonstrate my message is relevant.

But what's most important is that you leave feeling more hopeful or discover fresh insight or ponder life differently. May we never stop growing emotionally or spiritually. May these blogs and meditations of my heart encourage you on life's journey.

As much as I love words, there are times when they can't convey the deepest of meanings, feelings, or thoughts. This is one of those times.

Please hear my heart. Thank you for your time, support, and encouragement. May our hearts be transformed and our minds renewed as we share this journey called life.

How can we share a deeper connection? What gives you hope and insight? How can I improve this blog? Feel  free to comment or email any suggestions.


 Tammy Van Gils plants words and grows insightful stories blooming with hope. She is a thriving survivor of abuse, abandonment and adversity. How? By the Master Gardener's grace, the Vine's love, and the Advocate's renewal—emotionally and spiritually. She is sowing life with her husband of 35 years, a Yorkie Poo named Moose, and a dozen chickens. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers. She's honored to be a guest blogger and also a contributor to The Wonders of Nature Devotion Book, Let the Earth Rejoice Devotions, So God Made a Dog, Worthy Inspired and Short and Sweet Too, Grace Publishing.

Comments